ORBITAL WELDING SPEEDS RISER CONSTRUCTION OF OFFSHORE PLATFORMS
- Arc Machines' orbital pipe welding equipment was the answer for Haugesund Mekaniske Versted, one of Norway's leading construction yards, in a recent riser construction project.
- These materials required very precise control of the welding thermal cycle in order to retain their favorable mechanical properties after welding.
- Weld quality was high with a failure rate of only 1.5% on the AISI 4130.
- The maximum allowable shrinkage was 0.5 mm in a 15-m line, which was easily accomplished.
- Haugesund Mekaniske Versted made a total of 574 welds on the riser project
- Including 287 on the 3-in. pipe and 287 on the 7-in. pipe with AMI's Model 15 and Model 81 weld heads.
Copyright © 2013 Welding-Robots.com All Rights Reserved.