Metalworking company invests in advanced industrial machinery
- Da Silva further notes that to increase safety and efficiency, and increase human resources, once structural steel leaves the automated materials-management system
- It moves on to specialised mobile production cells, for further human interaction work, such as connection fit-ups, welding and painting.
- Da Silva says that the current facilities used at Cosira Heriot are materials-management and production software, such as Fabtrol
- Which controls all phases of the process, from document and drawings man- agement to procurement management, fabrication and logistics management.
- This production system gives the company the ability to offer quick scope changes to its clients.
- The company's materials tracking system, which was designed in- house and uses bar coding, reports on current project status, from raw material through to the finished product on the factory floor.
- This communication extends throughout the production pro- cess, through the Peddimat system, to the production of H-sections, the band saws, angle-iron shearing and the hot-rolling of L-shaped sections, or whatever the particular steel or metalwork requirements of a project may be.
- All welders employed are certified members of the Southern African Institute of Welding , and the company itself is coded to international standards to ensure that dedication to quality and safety is well maintained.
To read the original article please click: