High Performance Weld Viewing Systems from Oxford Lasers
- The problem with trying to look at welding processes is that the arc produces such extreme brightness and glare that the resulting 'white out' obscures any view
- Makes it almost impossible to study such events as the flow of molten metal during welding, the failure mechanism in a jet engine explosion, the interaction of arc, electrode and workpiece, or the malfunction of an arcing circuit breaker.
- VisiWeld advanced weld viewing systems use integrated lasers for illumination and are available for general purpose weld viewing with good quality images at standard frame rates, or for time resolved studies and research a high performance system is available using a 5 kHz pulsed laser and high frame rate camera.
- Optional accessories are offered to expand the range of information that can be gathered, such as data logger system
- Extended working distance lenses; particle size and velocity measurement software; flow field velocity measurement software and /or hardware; and high magnification /short working distance lenses.
- Being able to look at arc welding or brazing operations can help engineers to understand metal transfer processes.
- VisiWeld means that they can view the welding process with amazing clarity and can see details such as spattering droplets in flight within the arc region, or melt pool dynamics.
To read the original article please click: