ORBITAL WELDING OF SUPER DUPLEX HEADER
- Cameron Forged Products of Scotland fabricated a specially forged super duplex test manifold for a high-pressure application on an offshore platform.
- The test manifold tests the flow directly from the well and thus receives the full unregulated pressure.
- The test manifold is designed to have a heavy-wall thickness in order to withstand the extreme pressures.
- The preference to use duplex and super duplex stainless steels presented a high degree of difficulty for manual welding.
- The decision was made to use Arc Machines' orbital pipe welding equipment in order to consistently produce high-quality, repeatable welds.
- Find how this AMI customer successfully incorporated the use of AMI's orbital welding equipment to increase productivity
- Meet the stringent quality requirements and significantly extend the service life in this offshore application.
To read the original article please click: