Construction company uses orbital welding on underground pipeline
- Using orbital welding equipment led to productivity gains in one of the nation's first fusion-welded underground pipelines.
A completely penetrating fusion weld with no interior reinforcement was necessary
- Using manual gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) would have escalated the cost and made it impossible to meet the client's deadline.
- Used orbital welding, in which a welding head rotor completes the joint by revolving around the pipe's circumference.
- The use of orbital welding was critical to winning this job and completing it to the customer's satisfaction
- We believe this process has enormous potential and plan to use it on future projects
- In the oil and gas, food and beverage, water supply, wastewater, and other industries
To read the original article please click: