Japanese industrial robots turn drummers
- Washington, July 31: Four industrials robots in Japan gave performances at the traditional taiko drumming competition.
- The robots were special guests at the 400 year-old Kokura Gion Daiko Festival in Kitakyushu, famous for traditional drumming competitions.
- Yaskawa Electric worked with organizers for four months to teach the robots the nuances of taiko.
- The use of robots at the festival was a novelty.
- I'm really elated by this new use of robots.
- I think these Japanese Yaskawa robots would be great accompanying one of my favourite turntablists and scratch artists.
To read the original article please click: