Robots builder doubles UK plant size
- Not only is the KUKA Automation + Robotics organisation expanding its UK facilities, the company has opened there an assembly facility for robotic manufacturing cells.
- KUKA Automation + Robotics is to expand its UK operations and open a new assembly facility to assemble and test robotic manufacturing cells.
- The company highlighted the 'huge growth in demand for industrial robots and automated production systems in new markets such as aerospace'.
- The 2,260ft2 factory in Chancel Way, Halesowen, means that KUKA has virtually doubled their capacity as they already operate from a similar sized building at their headquarters in nearby Hereward Rise.
- As well as being used to assemble and test robot cells, the new factory also houses KUKA's spares centre and after-sales service team.
- 'While the robots are made at KUKA's parent company in Germany, everything else such as the guiding and control systems plus all the physical hardware is sourced from companies that are located close to us.
- 'Robots and automated production systems are becoming increasingly vital to the aircraft industry as manufacturers and suppliers strive to deliver the volumes required to satisfy global demand.
To read the original article please click: